Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday’s R 4 Sharing 06


This is a weekly meme hosted by Eternal Curse Series. Throughout the week, guests and followers will have the opportunity to vote on the week’s topic. Each Saturday, I will post my thoughts on the subject matter and will include my top 5 whenever applicable. I greatly encourage guests and followers to comment and contribute to the subject of the day.
What’s scarier? Black Friday, Family Dinner, or Holiday Traffic

So after much thought, consideration, and experience, I’ve decided that Black Friday is the scariest part of the U.S.  Thanksgiving holiday. I find that though family dinner can be awkward at times, it’s really not that bad. I mean, being surrounded by people who love you and want to know about every aspect of your life may be annoying, but it’s also sweet and endearing.

Thanks to the magic of audio books, podcasts, and good old fashion conversation, holiday traffic isn’t so bad either. The hardest part about it is making sure you’ve gaged your estimated lag time against the size of your gas tank. For me, it’s really kind of nice because my husband does all the driving, unless he’s under the weather.

As for Black Friday, there are so many reasons why I don’t even bother. The fact that I am the anti-shopper, literally having to be forced to make retail purchases, I just don’t think the deals are worth it. I have nothing against others who choose to participate in the gauntlet of Black Friday shopping, but if you try to drag me into it, you’ll have a fight on your hands. I do however admit that I enjoy hearing the ridiculous accounts of the goings on, simply because I’m glad I chose not to be around when they happened.

Comments are welcomed.
Be sure stop by this week and vote for next week’s topic.