Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sample Sunday 08

Sample Sunday is a weekly posting from my pre-published work in progress Eternal Curse: Giovanni’s Angel. Each week I will post approximately 100 – 150 words from this installment of the series. Please visit the ToiBox to read samples of my other works.
Eternal Curse: Giovanni’s Angel chapter 3

Abraham reached up, grabbed Giovanni’s hand, and looked up at his face trying to make eye contact with him. Giovanni always seemed to have trouble looking people in the eyes; he was afraid he’d see into their souls. Abraham spoke to him softly, “I had my chance at happiness, and it was taken from me. I could never have been satisfied to live as long as I have, if I hadn’t been there for you; someone who’s never really had anyone.”
The two old friends finally sat down to eat their breakfast and continued to talk about all the expectations they had concerning the mysterious doctor they were hoping would become a good friend. They sat together like father and son as Abraham blessed the food.
Word Count: 126


Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Click below to share your Reactions and more. See you next time, Toi Thomas. #cursescanbebroken