I don’t feel Saf3 :/
I very rarely speak up about pop culture matters in this way and especially not TV related things, but…
OH MY GOODNESS! Yesterday, Saturday September 21, 2013, I lost 43 minutes of my life I will never get back. I stumbled upon a new CW show called SAF3. It’s not the worst thing I’ve ever seen and some people will probably love it, but I am scared for life.
One blogger, Major Daily, was kind enough to refer to this new show as BayWatch 2.0…they wish. I might have, strange as it sounds, liked it more if they had run down the beach in swimsuits. I’m not one for needlessly and hatefully bashing (especially since I don’t feel a sense of hatred of this) so I’ll explain why I didn’t like this show in a nice calm manner.
1. I seriously hope this was an episode one, one time only, phenomena because that was the longest intro ever. I kept waiting for the Enegizer Bunny to come strolling through.
2. The idea of the show really has such good intentions and potential, but failed to deliver in terms of acting, location, cinematography, script, and more.
3. I was excited to see Dolph Lundgren in a major U.S. television role, but unless he’s a bad guy or making me laugh, I don’t think I take kindly to his acting technique.
4. Did I mention script yet, specifically the plot? There were so many clichés in the first episode that watching it to the end seemed a little silly, but I kept waiting to be surprised. Also, it seems like someone on staff could have taken a few minutes to actually speak to some rescue professionals to make some of the procedures and details a little more believable…but maybe I’m wrong on this count. Maybe it’s perfectly acceptable to not only move, but swim against a wild current, when carrying a possible neck injury victim who could possibly end up with permanent paralysis.
5. Halfway through the show I told myself that this was going to be one of those shows that was sooo bad, that it was actually good. I’d somehow find myself entertained by the absurdity of the show, but that didn’t happen.
The last thing I’d like to say is that it’s been a long time since I’ve sat down and actually tried to watch new television programming and that maybe I’m just out of touch. Also, this was episode one, maybe it will get better, but I don’t plan on finding out for myself. I’ll wait to hear about it through the grapevine and stick to my books.
For now, I’m still screaming on the inside, “What the crap did I just watch?!”
For more on Saf3, visit the links below.
Teaser promo: http://www.youtube.com/
From Major Daily: Chicagonow
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Click below to share your Reactions and more. See you next time, Toi Thomas. #cursescanbebroken