Monday, September 9, 2013

My Geekdom 03: D.C. Comics

Pins from Pinterest that inspire me and indulge my geekness.
 
Please do not copy this image.
Visit the Pinterest link above to
share, share, share :)
You’re going to see tons of superheroes in these posts, so go ahead and accept it now.

It’s no secret that I have a thing for superheroes, but why is it that I like D.C. and the JLA so much? They are not the only dynamic group of heroes, all coming from different backgrounds and experiences to unite and fight against evil, but there is something unique about them. The D.C. Universe is one of my favorite alternate realities. All the people and place are similar to reality, but there’s no real sense of true danger. I don’t have to worry about what happens if Darksied attacks Metropolis because it’s not a real place.

In my writing I like to blur fiction and reality. I include places that really exist along with places I’ve made up. That’s doesn’t mean that I won’t be creating other worlds of my own. I will, just not in the Eternal Curse Series. 


Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Click below to share your Reactions and more. See you next time, Toi Thomas. #cursescanbebroken