Monday, March 31, 2014

My Geekdom 10: The Big Bang Theory

Pins from Pinterest that inspire me and indulge my geekness.

Please do not copy this image.
Visit the Pinterest link above to
share, share, share :)
I love that geeks have come into their own. I can’t believe that it’s actually cool to be a geek now, at least on TV. It’s funny to me that there are millions of people who adore The Big Bang Theory TV show, but don’t actually follow the interests of its star characters. While there have been an increase in the number fanatic fanboys and girls, it seems to me that a lot of people just like the idea of being a geek…and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Again, there’s no rocket science (Hope Sheldon isn’t reading; Lol.) to the notion that comic books, video games, cartoons, and so much more have influenced my writing, but there’s so much more to my geekdom than fandom. If there’s no academic or intellectual processing involved to piggy back your fandom, well then, you’re just a dork and probably better off in the long run…

Now don’t get all wound up, remember "geek" and "dork" are positive terms now. Some of my best friends are dorks, even my husband; he doesn't over think his fandom. I’m no super genius, but I have a love for science and an average to above average intellect that I use to over analyze things. My husband and I share our fandom and we love each other for it. I’m his geek and he’s my dork.

The whole point of this notion of geek vs dork is that while I’m influence by my world of fandom, I’ve also done my research. Facts make fiction more believable. Without a foundation in truth, as a writer, I wouldn’t be able to effectively bend the truth to expand my stories. With the Eternal Curse Series, I have researched fact, fiction, doctrine, mythology, opinion, and more. I am geek and I do my homework.


Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Click below to share your Reactions and more. See you next time, Toi Thomas. #cursescanbebroken