Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sample Sunday 36

Sample Sunday is a weekly posting from my pre-published work in progress Eternal Curse: Giovanni’s Angel. Each week I will post approximately 100 – 150 words from this installment of the series. Please visit the ToiBox to read samples of my other works.
Eternal Curse: Giovanni’s Angel chapter 8

Back when I thought we would be married, I allowed him to become a partner in some of my business endeavors. My research foundation exists as two distinct entities. One focuses on the study of the human condition, to which my private practice is managed under, and the other is unlimited in its ambitions.
My ex is trying to shut me out of, at least part of, my own company. He’s trying to conduct tests that go well beyond the guidelines of proper human research set forth by every major intellectual mind in the past century. He wants to use my resources to justify and perform his experiments. The thing that bothers me most, is that I don’t think he’s even that dedicated to his psychotic pursuits. I mostly think he’s angry at the world and he’s angry with me. He’s trying to hurt me for leaving him.

Word Count: 148

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Click below to share your reactions and more. Remember, I’ll be moving to the ToiBox full-time soon, so please, stop by to check it out. Until next time, Toi Thomas. #cursescanbebroken #thetoiboxofwords