Saturday, December 8, 2012

Saturday’s R 4 Sharing 07


This is a weekly meme hosted by Eternal Curse Series. Throughout the week, guests and followers will have the opportunity to vote on the week’s topic. Each Saturday, I will post my thoughts on the subject matter and will include my top 5 whenever applicable. I greatly encourage guests and followers to comment and contribute to the subject of the day.

What do you want for Christmas or just because?

So this is the holiday season. Between Thanksgiving and News Years, it seems that money just flies out the window, but anyone who can, will participate happily. There are so many family bonding and gift giving exchanges happening this time of year, it still blows my mind that the economy is suffering in any way whatsoever, but that’s another topic for another time.

Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Boxing Day, the Winter Solstice, and even Festivus “for the rest of us” has people from all walks of life getting into to some kind of holiday spirit. Aside from the protesting participants of Festivus, and maybe even some of them, most people during this time are planning on giving and receiving gifts of some kind. I, for one, enjoy giving people gifts that I know will really make the happy and smile, but of course, sometimes it just has to be the thought that counts.

I posed the question of what people wanted this year in terms of gifts: body and feet apparel, appliances/electronics, games/movies/music/books, and travel. What I found was that no one was very interested in appliances and electronics.  The rest of my options, along with my vote, were pretty evenly spread apart with the entertainment items in a slight lead. This is just as I expected. Games/movies/music/books =entertainment and escape. In this day and age, it seems that people desire a sense of relief or escape more than anything else.

I would love to have any form of the entertainment listed above as a gift, but most of all, I just want to rest. I want to be able to not have to think about my job, or my bills, or even my writing (though I’ll probably still be writing at some point). What I want for Christmas, or just in general, is peace of mind and body. So whatever you believe and celebrate this season, be safe, be considerate, and give yourself a break…I’m sure you deserve it.
Comments are welcomed.
Be sure stop by this week and vote for next week’s topic.