Friday, January 4, 2013

Interview 09: Gary Markwick


Greetings humans, half-breeds, and everything in between. A while back, I had the pleasure to interview my new friend, Gary Markwick. He is visiting the ECS as a guest and sharing loads of interesting insights into his work. Be sure to look around and see what he has to offer. Here are the results of our interview. A good time was truly had by all, and here’s how it went down.

Hi there Gary! It’s so awesome to have you here at the ECS Universe. Don’t worry about the darkness, your eyes will adjust.

 So tell me, who is Gary Markwick?

My name is Gary Markwick and I have just written my first book called "Now it Begins. I am an international professional Palmist, Psychic and have read the hands of thousands of people from around the world.

I am also a Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, teacher, a qualified clinical Hypnotherapist, NLP, past life Regressionist and run workshops in the law of attraction.                                                         

I have appeared on Sky TV, BBC Radio four and have had write ups in newspapers.  I was asked by a national newspaper to read the hand of a celebrity, which was Barack Obama before becoming President of the USA.    

Well, this is all a bit over my head, but very interesting. I can’t wait to learn more. You definitely sound as if you have quite a story to tell.

So whacha got for me today? 


Now It Begins is a comprehensive self-help book that draws upon personal testimony, professional guidance and the best of New Age thinking to empower people to fully take control of their lives. Split into 10 distinct "phases" it systematically tackles some of life's biggest and most personal questions about identity and interconnectivity, love and fear, and choice and destiny. At the heart the title is the simple assertion that once you can let go of illusion and draw upon a more fundamental,universal source of motivation, then you will reconnect with your true purpose on earth.

I am more of a traditionalist myself, but I try to be open-minded. If New Age thinking is what it takes to reach people, then I’m willing to hear what you have to say. In any case, I too believe that life is better once you’ve found a true purpose; it’s what my book Eternal Curse is really about at its core. 

 So who’s staring is this 2 dimensional script read of Now It Begins?

There are no explicit characters, but the main theme of the book is self – help and stories of my journeys, travelling and my family background

I like the sound of that. Though I haven’t been able to write a truly personal story as of yet, I admire others who have. Knowing that you’ve done so in order to help others, makes it all the more admirable.

 Past, present, future, is there a rhyme or reason to your writing?

Whatever inspires me at the time, although my first book has been based on many of my life’s time experiences with a compilation of practical and spiritual knowledge.
Most of my work is done mainly where I can relax and have more time to write, which is in
Goa, India.


In the past I have also written songs and performed them.

The second book that I am writing is part non-fiction/fiction, which is set 100 years in the past, and continues throughout the decades. This is based on my grandfather’s life who, was known as the British Houdini. It transforms into the mystical journey of adventure throughout the world, with illusion, magic, mysticism and wisdom. It also involves other characters some of who are highly enlightened and others who are into the dark arts.

This sounds like a very intriguing story, something that could do quite well with a niche audience or have mass appeal, with the right marketing.

What author(s) has most influenced your writing? Why or how?

JamesRedfield, DeepakChopra, Shakti Gawain, Richard Bach, Maharishi Ramana Maharani, Idries Shah. All of these authors write in an original concise and spiritual way.

Well I see that you are a believer in influence…You read what you right. That’s good; it should make you a better writer.

 Whose brain are you just itching to scratch?

Buddha or Jesus… So much wisdom and knowledge!

Good choices. In your area of specialty being able to get inside of the mind of spiritual leaders would be a great advantage. Whatever the differences in religious principles and practices, these men were able to lead nations and that can’t be ignored.

Who is so you and why?

Some say in music: Cat Stevens [now Yusuf Islam].


An obvious physical likeness doesn’t spring to mind, but maybe you have similar musical talents. In any case, it’s a fun question that I always look forward too.

What’s your ideal reading spot for your next highly anticipated read?

Amazon.com
I am sitting here at my desk in London UK, listening to my new video book trailer of “Now it Begins” with the song written by myself “Heavens of Desire”. Video link: http://youtu.be/w5KuD6wz2fE.

SheilaCallaham created this video and I am very excited to read her new book: Stories from Spirit.

I try to keep my, sometimes, narrow mind open, but still some of this is too mystical for me. The one thing I thoroughly enjoy about all this is the positive message and bold creativity. I can understand why so many are already drawn to you.

What was your favorite book or story, pre-teen years?

Amazon.com
The Bible, Anne Frank [TheDiary of a Young Girl, by Anne Frank. Buy the book on Amazon]

It took many years for me to truly appreciate either of these books. I lacked the maturity to really understand Anne’s struggle and, like most children, I couldn’t see past the great length and flowery words to appreciate the Bible for what it is…
Now this where the questions get a little kooky; are you ready?

Yes, definitely.

Alright then, here we go.

If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?


An adventure story with a truly novel idea, but I must admit that I never read Kipling’s original story so I don’t know if this film reflects his true intentions. Needless to say, I have issues with Kipling, but this is still a good movie.

What makes you geek out?

Spirituality, wisdom, and travelling

I can agree with travel. As much as I cling to my own personal spiritual principles, I find that they don’t excite me on a daily basis. They do however give me a sense of peace…To each his own:).

 So what’s testing your patience right now?

My second book, the book trailer, and the patients for time to finish it.

I have a mountain of books I’m just trying to find the time to dive into, but of course that conflicts with my desire to publish the sequel to my Eternal Curse series and complete another story I’ve been working on...Isn’t it hard to be a writer? ;)

When the soundtrack of your life is playing in your head, what songs express your glee and what songs bring out your rage?

I like any song that is melodic and harmonious. The ones I dislike are some throw - away pop songs or noisy ones that have no substance.

The world is filled with melodious music and songs with substance, but because pop rules the airwaves, these are a little harder to find. I’m a lover of all music, but even I draw the line at some point.

What’s the most fun experience you’ve ever had?

Playing on stage at a gig, travelling the world, and at times, writing my book.

I like the sound of that. It sounds like you are a real people person. You like to either inspire or entertain, both of which are very valuable.

 Remind me again how I was lucky enough to meet you?

On LinkedIn.

That’s right. I’m so glad we made a connection. I can’t wait to see who I meet next.

Not that you can see into the future, but in your opinion, what does the future hold?

We will become more advanced in many ways, although with more chaos.

I will hope to have written more books and establish myself as a known author worldwide.

Ok humans, half-breeds, and everything in between, that’s all for today. Be sure to follow this blog to see who will be visiting next time. For more from Gary Markwick, check out these great links:
http://www.garymarkwick.com
http://www.palmistryinhad.com
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0063D7844
http://amzn.com/B0063D7844
http://youtu.be/w5KuD6wz2fE