Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sample Sunday 18

Sample Sunday is a weekly posting from my pre-published work in progress Eternal Curse: Giovanni’s Angel. Each week I will post approximately 100 – 150 words from this installment of the series. Please visit the ToiBox to read samples of my other works.
Eternal Curse: Giovanni’s Angel chapter 5

Mira smiled, leaned in closer to Giovanni, and answered, “You were not at all what I was expecting to see the first time I laid eyes on you. I was expecting maybe a pale, skinny man, who looked malnourished. You’re not that at all.”
“So I guess I disappointed you,” replied Giovanni.
“On the contrary,” said Mira. “You really are gray and so much more than I could have imagined.” She continued in a slightly flirtatious tone, “You’re not like any person I’ve ever seen, and I definitely don’t think you’re the monster you imagine or describe yourself to be.”
Giovanni tilted his head down and scooted a little bit away from Mira. “You’ve only been here one day,” he said with a sigh. “You have plenty of time to change your mind. You have not yet seen the monster I can be.”
Word Count: 143


Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Click below to share your Reactions and more. See you next time, Toi Thomas. #cursescanbebroken