Monday, February 3, 2014

Top 5: 08 Music Genres

This is a list of my top five something. Most of the time my lists are pretty static, but sometimes I do change my mind. While I do try to apply some logic to my choices, sometimes I pick things that make no sense and for no good reason other than “I like it.” 

Music Genres
1. Soul
2. Pop
3. Alternative
4. Hip-Hop
5. Dance

To be honest there are only three genres of music I have trouble listening too. 

Bluegrass: I heard really good true bluegrass once and it’s hard to live up to that. Most of it annoys me. 

Southern Rock: because it’s basically country music with a quick beat or electric guitar. It’s not bad, but I can’t listen to more than two examples of this on any given day. 

Lastly, techno. I get it, you can dance to it, but you don’t have to. Same rule applies here as with Southern Rock. 

I really like Jazz and classical, but they are not my everyday listens.


Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Click below to share your reactions and more. Remember, I’ll be moving to the ToiBox full-time soon, so please, stop by to check it out. Until next time, Toi Thomas. #cursescanbebroken #thetoiboxofwords