Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sample Sunday 34

Sample Sunday is a weekly posting from my pre-published work in progress Eternal Curse: Giovanni’s Angel. Each week I will post approximately 100 – 150 words from this installment of the series. Please visit the ToiBox to read samples of my other works.
Eternal Curse: Giovanni’s Angel chapter 8

The year was 1929. I was barely a man myself when Giovanni and I first met. I had just turned twenty years old and I was engaged to a sweet, small town girl with a thirst for knowledge. Her family was more than just poor; they were desperate. She’d worked a job since the age of eight. When I met Sarah, I knew right away that I’d spend the rest of my life taking care of her and making her happy. I always thought it was somehow cosmic or predetermined for me to love her the way I do, given that my name is Abraham and her's is Sarah.

Word Count: 109

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Click below to share your reactions and more. Remember, I’ll be moving to the ToiBox full-time soon, so please, stop by to check it out. Until next time, Toi Thomas. #cursescanbebroken #thetoiboxofwords